Message from the Director of Missions
It is a joy to serve as the Director of Missions. My aim in this ministry is to connect with as much of the association and the area as I can in hopes of developing a vision. The following is a summary of where I am in this process toward vision.TOWARDS VISION The role of the church:
· Motivate sinners to salvation · Mature the saved to servanthood · Mobilize servants among sinners
The role of the association is to support the process of the church via
CARE · Concentrate · Affirm · Respond · Equip
Concentrate on the main thing: sharing Christ
What it isn't:
Evangelism isn't a program...What it is:Evangelism is the pervading discipline in all we do for Christ. Biblical Support: Matt 28:18-20
- Connecting existing churches w/ opportunities
- Connecting church plants with community
- Balance church planting, revitalization and ministry.
The value of ministry isn't found in a secular success modelWhat it is:The value of ministry is found in the presence of Christ. Biblical Support: I Cor 12:12-31; Eph 4:11-16
- Development of church that matches context
- Coordination of projects that bring out the giftedness in our churches.
- Provide opportunities to fellowship "en masse" and in small groups.
- Encourage the surrender of history.
- Emphasize the positives even in negative situations.
Examples: Intentional Interims, Support Groups, Planned Fellowship
Respond to the needs of church and community
What it isn't: Meeting needs is not a "one size fits all" pursuit.What it is: Meeting needs recognizes the uniqueness of situations. Biblical Support: Matt 6:33
- Be in a position to resource the needs of churches.
- Catalogue the ministry resources in the association and provide to churches.
Examples: Community Links, Mission Options
Equip the equippers
What it isn't: Equipping the equipper isn't the replacement of the equipping role of the local church.What it is: Equipping the equipper is outfitting church leaders to better fulfill the role of an equipper. Biblical Support:Heb 13:20-21
- Understand the opportunities that the lost culture provides the church to interact now.
- Recognize trends that engage the church to position itself for the future.
My family and I thank you for your support. We look with great excitement to the years ahead.In Christ,